MyHotComments.com

About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This is a glimpse into the everyday life of the Fontenot's. It all started at Chili's, Best friends/co-workers that rescued each other from their rebellious lives. We immediately knew this was going to be a forever kind of love and it all happened so fast. We moved in together & in no time we were expecting a child. Matthew Alan was born on February 9, 2008 & our lives changed for the better. Matthew has taught us so much about sacrifice and unconditional love. Our whole outlook on life has changed now that he is here. We currently live in Lafayette, Louisiana. Billy is a cook at Zea's restaurant and is going back to school for engineering. Jessica is STILL in school pursuing a degree in psychology. We married on August 9, 2008...We aren’t perfect, but we’re perfect for each other. We live a simple yet amazing life. Everyday is a new adventure & as we learn from each other & cherish each treasured moment, we know never to take any of it for granted. We miss our family and friends and hopefully this blog will keep us close and updated even with the distance between us. We love you!
MyHotComments.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Latest News...

So I have not posted in a while! Matthew is in the process of becoming potty trained. He is only 19 months, but he understand the concept. He has used the potty three times and we make the hugest deal out of this event! All he does is talk and Matthew has learned his manners. We went shopping the other day and he bumped into someone and immediately he said "Excuse Me". Then I was checking out and when she handed me the receipt he beat me in saying "Thank you"! His daddy gets most of the credit with this, since hes been doing more of the forcing of Please and Thank you. Matthew is doing really well with knowing his colors and ABC's. He knows certain letters and colors and if he sees one he is familiar with he will tell you! He really has the best personality and brings so much joy to my life. Billy is back at school, pursuing a degree in civil engineering. The classes are difficult, but he is really disciplined and intelligent. He walks to school on most day, but sometimes Matthew and I will bring him. He is still at work and balancing the two of them can be a huge struggle. I should have a degree by June or July and I can't wait! My sister Tasha got into clinicals in Shreveport and I am so proud of her. Billy's sister Adrienne is pregnant with her first child and we are super excited! In other news...
I'M PREGNANT! I took a test yesterday and it was positive! From my calculations we conceived around the 12th of August, so the baby should be born around May 20, 2010. I am super excited! While Billy was at school I told the world and when he got home him and Matthew took a nap. Once they were up I taped a sign to Matthew's back saying "I'M A BIG BROTHER!" Billy saw Matthew grabbing at his back and he was like "Whats wrong Matthew what you got going on?" and he did not see me videotaping and asked me "Baby whats Matthew got on his back?" I instructed Matthew to go to his father and Billy took the sign off and he was so happy. He looked at me realizing I had the camera and asked me if I was pregnant...I was glowing in that moment..

2 comments:

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Ahhh, congrats! We're so happy for you guys!

Adrienne said...

yay! Another little guy or gal! I'm am so excited b/c they will be in the same grade in school! How fun!!! Take care of those boys and eat lots of good healthy stuff for that baby! Drink your water so you don't get swollen feet like me!