MyHotComments.com

About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This is a glimpse into the everyday life of the Fontenot's. It all started at Chili's, Best friends/co-workers that rescued each other from their rebellious lives. We immediately knew this was going to be a forever kind of love and it all happened so fast. We moved in together & in no time we were expecting a child. Matthew Alan was born on February 9, 2008 & our lives changed for the better. Matthew has taught us so much about sacrifice and unconditional love. Our whole outlook on life has changed now that he is here. We currently live in Lafayette, Louisiana. Billy is a cook at Zea's restaurant and is going back to school for engineering. Jessica is STILL in school pursuing a degree in psychology. We married on August 9, 2008...We aren’t perfect, but we’re perfect for each other. We live a simple yet amazing life. Everyday is a new adventure & as we learn from each other & cherish each treasured moment, we know never to take any of it for granted. We miss our family and friends and hopefully this blog will keep us close and updated even with the distance between us. We love you!
MyHotComments.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Matthew's Birth

My due date was February 5, 2008 and I thought I would be early because of the size of my stomach. I believed if I did not have him early I would burst like some kind of bomb, there was no possible way I could go on any longer. I was miserable towards the end..I couldn't tie my shoes, couldn't see my feet and if I sat down I needed some help getting back up. I felt handicapped, like a turtle on its back and all you can do is kick, hoping someone will come to rescue you and put you back in the right position. So when February 7th came and he still wasn't here I was more then desperate to get him out of me. The entire day I thought of ways to trick him..I walked at least a mile, I danced & even stood on a chair and jumped down hoping gravity would have some kind of effect on labor, I continued these tiring efforts until midnight. The week before I was having Braxton Hitch contractions and the doctor told me I was one and a half centimeters dilated and 90% effaced. I was positive he would be here by now and felt hopeless. The next morning, February 8th the "fake contractions" became worst..I couldn't not sit still. Billy went into work around ten that morning and I started timing the contractions like my doc told me. They were fifteen minutes apart for about two hours! I called my mom and said "He will be here tonight"! She came over and she helped me time the contractions and they were right on time. I watched lots of scary movies that day, slept a little and prayed hard! By 2 :00 the contractions were about 13 minutes apart and I was so excited. I called Billy at work and he said he would come home if I needed him to, but I insisted he stayed until the contractions were closer or if I was in pain. That night around 7:00 p.m. my sister and grandparents arrived and I made sure we had everything we needed in our bags. We waited and waited and I was not in any pain. Billy arived around 9:00 and my mother insisted we get some sleep! We were so excited but decided to lay down for a while. Around 11:30 we finally shut our eyes and my grandparents were debating rather or not they should stay. At midnight the worst pain of my life shot through my stomach and I screamed. My mom rushed to the door to stop my grandparents, and Billy looked at me and asked "Is it time?" I waited and it happened again..tears came down my face and he knew the answer. He packed the car as my sister tried to help me to the next room. I could barley walk and cried out of pain and fear. Everyone got into their vehicles and My sister rode with Billy and I. The ride over there was scary as I realized this was going to be a lot harder then I thought.
As I lay in the hospital bed expecting to hear I was at least 6 centimeters and that Matthew would be here in no time, my hopes became dim as I looked at my nurse's face. She told us that I was only 2 CENTIMERS! I was completely efaced, so I would have to stay (Little did they know I was NOT going home either way!) The nurse also told me I could not recieve an epidural until I was at least 4 or 5 centimeters. I thought that those three little centimeters were just around the corner and Oh how wrong I was! It took eight hours for me to recieve my epidural and those eight hours were the most difficult and physically painful experience of my life! At one point (when the contractions were thirty seconds apart) I looked at the exhausted zombie who resembled Billy and told him "I am about to pass away, please tell my family I love them" funny now, but I was so serious! I had nothing left in me as I prayed for 10 centimeter to quickly come! The nurse came in eight hours later and told me that I was 4 centimeters and could recieve the epidural. EIGHT HOURS and all that got me was 2 more centimeters! You know that feeling of a good laugh, good food or what a great sunny day gives you...well that is how I describe an epidural. After that beautiful shot it was smooth sailing..I passed out and waited for my stubborn child to arrive. I had what they call a "hot spot", where there is an area that can still feel pain, but I DID NOT CARE. The pain was nothing to what I endured in the previous hours. Around noon I looked over at my passed out sister and Billy as the nurse checked to see how many centimeters I was..she said I was 9 1/2 and we would start to push soon. Tasha awoke to freshen me up (brush my hair and apply some blush). Billy came in the room and the nurse told him it was time to help me push! We did this exhausting routine for about thirty minutes. The doctor came in and said it was time to have a baby! The Fourteen hours of pain and exhaustion was so well worth it and I forgot all of it once Bill placed Matthew in my arms. We cried as he cried..and could not believe that we could love someone so much that we had just met. It was the happiest day of our lives..he was perfect and healthy. Everything else around us was a blur when he locked eyes with me and Billy. Our family was complete! Matthew Alan Fontenot was born February 9, 2008 at 1: 34 p.m. He was 8 pounds 1 1/2 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long.

0 comments: