MyHotComments.com

About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
This is a glimpse into the everyday life of the Fontenot's. It all started at Chili's, Best friends/co-workers that rescued each other from their rebellious lives. We immediately knew this was going to be a forever kind of love and it all happened so fast. We moved in together & in no time we were expecting a child. Matthew Alan was born on February 9, 2008 & our lives changed for the better. Matthew has taught us so much about sacrifice and unconditional love. Our whole outlook on life has changed now that he is here. We currently live in Lafayette, Louisiana. Billy is a cook at Zea's restaurant and is going back to school for engineering. Jessica is STILL in school pursuing a degree in psychology. We married on August 9, 2008...We aren’t perfect, but we’re perfect for each other. We live a simple yet amazing life. Everyday is a new adventure & as we learn from each other & cherish each treasured moment, we know never to take any of it for granted. We miss our family and friends and hopefully this blog will keep us close and updated even with the distance between us. We love you!
MyHotComments.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Day We Found Out About Matthew


I had been feeling a little sick, I told Billy and he said to just drink orange juice. The last thing on our minds was pregnancy, because I was taking the pill. I was a couple of days late, so on my way to work I had a gut instinct to go to Wal-mart and pick up some pregnancy tests. I didn't tell Bill because I didn't see a need on worrying him. So I purchased them went into Chili's bathroom and took one test. The results were not very clear. It was just one line up and down. Not a plus or minus sign. So one of my friends that I worked with happened to be 4 months pregnant at the time and I asked her what she thought. She looked at me and said without hesitation "You're Pregnant!" I didn't believe her and took the other one. The second test of course came out positive and I was in disbelief. Ten minutes after I find out I was expecting I had to wait on a table. Those poor people probably had the worst service of their life. Meanwhile, Billy was at home and had to be at work at 3:30, I was scheduled to leave around that time and I was hoping that I would miss him. I didn't want to give him the big news until we were both home. Of course my luck he runs into me just before I am about to leave. I kept my cool and he didn't suspect a thing. I had so many things running through my head about how I was going to tell Billy. I was such a mess, that when I pulled up to the house I locked my keys in the car. Story of my life, if it's not one thing its another! Later around midnight he arrived home and could tell that something was wrong (tears running down my face & hundreds of snotty rags surrounding me probably gave them the hint). Billy was not prepared for what I was about to tell him. I took a deep breath and told him we were going to have a baby. He sat there for about two minutes speechless until I busted into tears. He grabbed me told me it was going to be okay and that he loved me very much. I wanted to get the pregnancy tests to show him but they were locked in the car, He laughed at my story and made me feel so secure, I knew he was going to take care of us and all my worries disappeared. Billy soon started managing for Chili's and I went back to school for psychology through the University of Phoenix online. We adjusted to changes and our love for each other grew more and more everyday. We were excited about meeting our little boy, but had no idea how much our lives would change for the better! Here are some pics of the pregnancy and my growing belly!

0 comments: